Welcome to MACC
Moresby Avenue Child Care and Early Learning Centre (MACC) is non-profit community childcare centre, which is run by a parent committee of management. Our aims are to:
- Create an authentic and inviting learning environment that supports play-based learning.
- Implement educational programs that provide opportunities for children to grow and develop to their best potential.
- Offer high quality care for children where they can feel comfortable, safe and secure.
- Present opportunities for families to be involved in all aspects of centre governance.
- Supply a facility enabling all families to access education, training and parenting support.
- Provide a sense of community by supporting awareness and exploration of diversity.
About the centre
MACC is a 39 place centre situated in a quiet residential street. Children are not exposed to noisy traffic and pollution. We are however easily accessible with the Eastern Freeway being just a short drive away.
Our facilities include:
- A large outdoor play area with ample trees for shade and natural appeal.
- A separate outdoor play area for the Koala room children aged 3 months to 2 years.
- Air conditioning and heating in all rooms.
- A wide range of natural and educational equipment for the children to explore.
- The provision of onsite cooked meals and disposable nappies and bedding.
A number of educational incursions are planned throughout the year (a planned yearly calendar is provided). Incursions may include:
- Cultural experiences, music & movement, sports, rabbit rearing or cow milking demonstrations.
- Regular visits from local community members (e.g. the local police, dentist and librarian) to enrich children’s learning and connections within our community.
- These may vary from year to year depending on the interests of the children. These experiences are provided for all the children who attend the centre without extra cost.
A well-balanced menu
- We have an experienced and fully qualified cook who prepares all meals and snacks in our own centre kitchen.
- We make sure that our kitchen is safe, hygienic and regularly audited.
- Our qualified staff ensure that dietary requirements are met, especially when catering for children with allergies and special diets.
- Our six-weekly rotational menu contains nutritious to offer a wide variety of foods for all children, including morning tea, a hot lunch and afternoon tea. Breakfast and a light supper is also provide for children who arrive early or depart late.
MACC is also part of the Be You framework, a national early childhood initiative for educators which is aimed at promoting and protecting positive mental health in children and young people.
MACC’s committee of management
As an incorporated association MACC is run by a parent committee of management, which meets monthly to oversee centre operations. The committee members work closely with MACC’s centre directors to ensure prudent and responsible practices.
The committee of management consists of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Vice-Secretary, Treasurer, Vice-Treasurer and general members.
Committee meetings are held at the centre at 7 pm on every second Wednesday of the month. We welcome guests to join our meetings or contact the committee members. Please refer to the noticeboard in the centre foyer for contact and meeting details.
Additional days can be offered to children in the centre on an occasional care basis in the event that a permanent care place is available.
Waiting List Form
If you would like to submit an application for Moresby Childcare, please click the button below to download the waiting list form.