At Moresby Avenue Childcare and Early Learning Centre (MACC) we recognise every child as a unique individual. We aim to create authentic and inviting learning environments that support play-based learning.
We acknowledge that
- families play a pivotal role in their children’s lives and are the primary influence on their children’s learning and development. Our educators develop programs through partnership and effective communication to nurture individual abilities and interests.
- children’s learning is dynamic, complex and holistic. Our educational programs ensure that physical, social, emotional, personal, spiritual, creative, cognitive and linguistic aspects of learning are all intricately interwoven and interrelated.
- it is important to provide a sense of belonging. By providing diversity through culture, gender, heritage and background we support our community.
- children need to foster respect for the environment. Allowing them to feel connected with, and contributing to the world we provide educational programs that seek to build a connection with nature and nurture a curiosity for sustainability through growing vegetables and using recycled water and materials thoughtfully.
- it is essential to foster children’s good mental health and wellbeing. We provide stimulating and enriching experiences and support each child’s personal development and self-esteem through choice and sense of achievement.
- communication is key to a healthy development. MACC promotes an environment that fosters reciprocal interactions and encourages verbal and non-verbal language and information-sharing between educators, children, families and the community.
- confidence and a positive self-image are vital to a healthy upbringing. Staff provide opportunities particularly for older children to display independence and explore their leadership skills. Through daily family grouping children of all ages can observe and learn from each other.
- respect, trust and support is the basis of all good relationships. Our educators work as a team sharing their talents and abilities, taking an ethical and professional approach to children and their families and applying their knowledge and expertise in all aspects of their work.